• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Under a blanket of blue-white snow [Any]

He knew the answer to her question, light-hearted as it was, and blurted out, “My mother.” Before he could stop himself.

Lilliana. The wisest, most inspiring of mothers. Yan was lucky to have been born her son, even luckier to have been born as a twin with his brother Nashua. It was only because of her perseverance and guidance that he was standing here tonight, looking down into Bardot’s sparkling eyes with as much wisdom as he could muster from what she’d taught him. “By the winds,” He thought to himself, blinking. “She reminds me of her.”

He had supposed that her color was reminiscent of Izora Lethia, but the more Bardot reveals about herself and her intentions for the future, the more Yanhua sees a parallel between her spirit and the everlasting flame Lilliana had left in the North’s history. She, too, was a part of the old world Lilli talked about. Her story of the Amazons reminded him of the tales his dam would spin from thin air and her perceived memories, weaving both into a bedtime tale for him and his brother when the nights were dark and cold. Those, along with the lore about her home outside of Beqanna - of Murmuring Rivers and Yanhua’s distant ancestors there - come rushing back to him with a grin.

“Well,” He murmured, “I think walking into a magical portal is as good a start as any.” Yan laughed.

Certainly not boring.

“I’m not sure if you’ve found that place yet, but I’d like to offer you one on the journey to finding your purpose.” He shifts, turning slightly so that he can look properly at her face-to-face. “You’re more than welcome to consider Taiga your home, as much as it is mine.” Yan beamed, fluttering his unused wings. “I should also mention that it conveniently borders Tephra, which is about as close to a jungle as anything I’ve ever seen in Beqanna.”

YANHUA
    Image by Ani2ad

@[Bardot]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Under a blanket of blue-white snow [Any] - by Yanhua - 05-16-2021, 12:51 PM