• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and I will learn to love the skies I'm under
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    She did not fall to wanderlust often, anymore, not since she had learned that all the lands were largely the same. That when things went missing they were likely not anywhere that she would be able to find them; not in the emerald sea of the meadow or the desert of Pangea, not in the darkest depths of the forest or the rocky ledges of Loess.

Once she had scourged this entire land searching for a way back to the stars, but she never found it.
    Once she had searched for the key to her emotions in all that she came across, only to be reminded again and again that she could never be like them.

The transition to being truly alive—not just being a star trapped in an equine body, but to becoming fully sentient and not some object kept alive by the beating heart she now relied on—had been slow, until it hit her all at once. Until all of the things that helped her feel, that made this land tolerable were stripped from her, and that void inside of her felt larger than ever.

The stars and Tiercel had taken up more space than she had realized, and it was only once the darkness took them both that she learned what true emptiness felt like. It was different than simply not feeling, or knowing how to feel. It was an emptiness that also felt heavy, like an ache that was going to keep growing until her chest split apart.

And just when she thought she could not possibly stand it any longer, they were both returned to her, and it surprised her to find that she had missed one far more than the other.

Tonight, though, she is away from Tiercel and Loess, standing at the edge of the meadow. The sky seems to always be clear here, she had noticed, and while she does not toy with the starlight the way she once might have, her dark purple eyes are fixed on them in the sky rather than her surroundings. The black that had once started to creep across her white skin when the world had been plunged into darkness has disappeared, leaving her stark and glowing just as she always has been, with the addition now of flowers made of starlight shimmering within the long tendrils of her mane and tail.

She does not seek anyone out, but remains alone and unnaturally still save for the way the night breeze stirs at the strands of her forelock, knowing that if anyone wanted her, they would find her.
    Islas

Messages In This Thread
    and I will learn to love the skies I'm under - by Islas - 04-24-2021, 06:05 PM