• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

The scowl doesn’t fade from Ashhal’s expression nor does his glare but the wings along his shoulders resettle and for the moment it seems they’ve come to some sort of reluctant truce. The bear within him is still agitated, still thinks it would be better off leaving the stallion without a tongue from which to spit such cutting words. Unlike the beast, however, Ledger had never been a fighter. Despite the many opportunities that had been presented to him to do just that, he had never willingly entered a fight unless that was his only option. Or his mind was shattered into a million pieces and his madness chose for him.

There is a pause and then the dappled stallion moves aside, grumbling under his breath but just loud enough for him to hear. A flicker of tension spasms along the muscle within his shoulder and he grimaces but does not take the bait. Instead he wraps himself back in the skin of the bear, for once unashamed of the shifter that he was and allowing the beast to take his body as long as it was cordial. In this form at least he felt more confident and perhaps it would make Ashhal think twice when he was passing by if he decided to do something more.. brash.

The bear slowly shuffles forward, one beady eye steadily trained on him as he walks by until his blind spot obstructs him and he can no longer see the scowl or the glare. He thinks to pause, to say something to the man, but there’s really nothing left to say. Not in this encounter at least. So he merely gives a gruff nod of his snout and then continues on his way, back to the salt waters to wash the dirty stain of this conversation away.

Ledger

@[Ashhal]
    We can end it here if you want but one day he will make him his friend  Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nobody's your friend at the start or at the end; any - by Ledger - 06-11-2021, 01:52 PM