• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  If I turn into another { any }

We'll always have each other, when everyone else is gone.

That night, the moon hung full in the sky, the stars burning brighter than ever before. It had been so long since she had seen the stars, or even the sun for that matter. Despite the seemingly endless night the world had endured, Whisteria actually welcomed the night, now that the starlight and the bright gleam of the moon graced the skies of Beqanna once more. She was comforted greatly, letting out a long sigh of relief. The path ahead of her was well trodden, her hooves slipping neatly into the imprints of countless years of hoofprints from horses long since past....or returned. Though Beqanna was vastly different than it was when she first had come to it's brilliant shores, the field still remained untouched. She reveled in it's sameness, thankful that at least a few of Beqanna's territories hadn't changed. She reluctantly had to admit that she had come to love this new Beqanna, though she did miss Paradise Beach. 

She meandered through the tall, fragrant grass and the lingering summer's wild flowers, her long white tail dragging behind her like a delicate lace veil. The moon cast down on her white coat, making her look ethereal as she slid gracefully amongst the shadows. Her noble head was raised high, her chestnut ears flickering every so often at the sound of the remaining crickets from this past summer and the soft murmurs of the small groups of equines that spotted the landscape. She wandered by many, her soft blue eyes taking them in curiously. Despite having come back from the afterlife seasons ago, she still found it so strange to see so many mythical beings here. She remembered well that back in her prior life, mythic horses were quite the rarity, not to mention guarded and somewhat segregated. Whisteria could remember the day they had been denied the beautiful Serenity Lake territory, as the ruling Mythic kingdom turned herself and the rest of her herd away... For non mythical equines were not allowed to lead lands within the mythic kingdom's territories back then. It was strange to see how the dynamic of the world had changed, but she was willing to embrace it.

Stopping beside a small stream, the pale mare dipped her head to drink. The cool water nipped at her soft pink lips as they touched the glassy surface, the reflection of dazzling starlight dancing as it rippled around her. She had never lived any other way than a plain old herd mare. Even back in the elder days of Beqanna, she found the kingdoms to be intimidating. She was no fighter, she was a mother, a loyal herd mare. But, those days were done, and she had to embrace this new life she had been given. This was her second chance, and she was not about to spoil it by slinking around in the forest forever as she had been since the gates to the afterlife had opened. For too long she spent this new life feeling sorry for herself, she would not be weak forever. She had overcome too much to let it go to waste.

Messages In This Thread
    If I turn into another { any } - by Whisteria - 04-19-2021, 01:46 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Eirlys - 04-19-2021, 02:31 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Whisteria - 04-19-2021, 04:05 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Eirlys - 04-19-2021, 10:54 PM
    RE: If I turn into another { any } - by Whisteria - 04-20-2021, 06:14 PM