• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i've been around a few; [midsummer fair!]
    I am absorbed by the heat. Engulfed, ablaze. It shatters my skin into myriad rainbows that dance as I turn to face him. My face is illuminated within and without, eyes greenish in the flickering red light. He's black and white, striking against the glacial backdrop and built for this kind of terrain. A local? 

"Hey," I say back, mirroring his careless notes. My own smile is ice and fire itself, hungry enough to eat the world. I don't recognize him, but that's hardly surprising. There's very few faces I've held onto over the years. Some I've banished intentionally, others are simple casualties of my existence. When he says my name, I wonder which camp he belongs to. 

"Most days," I grin viciously. "Who's asking?" I raise my head, searching his face for clues to his identity. Or have I simply gotten notorious, after all these years? A rough bite of laughter emits at the thought. Funny how things work out. How they don't. 

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've been around a few; [midsummer fair!] - by Sabra - 05-03-2021, 04:28 PM