• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  living dead girl (any)

He listens carefully while he watches the fish gather and nibble at his feathering flowing in the currents, his big feet planted on the pebble floor of the riverbed. The sound of rushing water keeps the pair secluded from the rest of the world around them. He always prefers it this way – just a girl and him. His assessment is that she’s beautiful, young, and calculative. That is useful in life, and wisdom will soon follow those qualities. She’ll be relieved to know that climbing the mountain, visiting the fae, can bring you anything you desire – almost – including scary horns or sketchy appearances. Chem remembers the days when everyone was simply plain, and the magicians were a rarity. Magic was coveted, even segregated from the rest of the world. The Forbidden Dale. The names echoes in his mind and he realizes he’s gotten lost in his thoughts for a moment, snapping back when she asks him a last question.

He peels out of the river, up the bank, shaking somewhere off to the side so he may not get her with the spray. His thick tail is heavy with water and he tosses it with effort, splashing it left and then right, and then a few times up and down. It was a burden to have such thick locks, he sometimes complains, but the alternative (the thin wisps of arab bloodlines) isn’t it either. He digresses, laughing at himself and her question at once, smiling like an old uncle addressing a child. “Well,” he chuckles, walking a little closer now that he’s shaken the excess water from his sleep marbled coat. “I’m a wanderer a lot of the time – I’ve always been a vagabond of sorts.” That’s not entirely true, but he lets it be for now. “Recently though,” he breathes, almost a sigh but otherwise just clearing his lungs. “I’ve gotten myself a chunk of land for myself, north of here on the coast, and I intend to build a herd there.” He grins, satisfied with his own answer, he’s never heard himself say it out loud. But those are indeed his plans.

CHEMDOG
    to the window, to the wall

no need to ever apologize for that! Heart
    i totally get it <3

@[Eirlys]

Messages In This Thread
    living dead girl (any) - by Eirlys - 04-16-2021, 01:46 PM
    RE: living dead girl (any) - by Chemdog - 04-16-2021, 03:17 PM
    RE: living dead girl (any) - by Eirlys - 04-16-2021, 03:57 PM
    RE: living dead girl (any) - by Chemdog - 04-16-2021, 05:45 PM
    RE: living dead girl (any) - by Eirlys - 04-16-2021, 09:41 PM
    RE: living dead girl (any) - by Chemdog - 04-17-2021, 02:46 PM