• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Mazikeen accepts as quickly as he’s asked, and while this shape is not much better for smiling, the lion does hum contentedly in the back of his throat, which he supposes is this shape’s method of expressing satisfaction.

Perhaps he’s misread her earlier behavior, Gale thinks. Or had her quick reply been borne from a desire to see a festival or the isle? He is deciding which question to ask first - because there are a great many of them building up as he stares at her up there on that work - when she comes down.

As your date? She asks, and Gale thinks that now he understands. His brothers had not been especially forthcoming in their advice, but he does remember that humor is important in a relationship

“No,” he replies, and manages to sound very casual, which assures him that this joke will be perfectly executed. “Just as a friend.” Except he forgets that this shape is much better at hiding its amusement than his equine shape, and he both looks and sounds very serious as he verbally confirms some of her unspoken fears.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | Mazikeen - by Gale - 04-14-2021, 12:42 PM