• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  winter just wasn't my season
    Conversation doesn’t come naturally to him - unless you are a colorful toucan or a sunbathing lizard. Had he ever talked to a girl? Yes, she was beautiful but like the tide of the ocean picking away the grains of sand she too slipped away. Was he trying to court the golden woman who reminded him of said pieces of sand? He didn’t know but she’d probably slip away too. He couldn’t even place the feeling that sat behind his eyes, that trickled into his heart. Anger? Nah, probably not. Jealousy? Possibly, but of what? Of her apparent attraction to the grey Pegasus or of the grey Pegasus himself? He watched the grey Pegasus with what seemed to be mild interest - it was anything but.  His eyes crinkled at the edges, just a smidge, when the grey Pegasus apologized. The field is what the field is. Misfits. Lost souls. New beginnings. Freedom. An anchor.

His fiery gaze is pulled to the palomino a sudden shift of his interests. For what ever reason he found himself anticipating her next words, her answer of who she was and where she came from. Tarian who? The confidence and giddiness he saw there just a moment ago fizzled and burned slower than before. Ruthless. Ruth. How fitting. Fiery and soft depending on the moment. It would seem that the field was all she had known but wasn’t all she wanted to know. His father had not been from Beqanna, he had woken in this very field. He had always thought one day he would be one of the greats who would expand their home by bringing people home, showing them the beauty of his land. Maybe he could convince her to come back with him to Tephra. Maybe she would want to spend lazy days in his spot picking through the colorful pebbles and picking aromatic flowers. But, maybe she wouldn’t. The heat gets to be to much sometimes, and sweat sticks to you like honey.  

It’s your turn. Who are you?

His voice deep and smooth, like the gentle waterfall that always kept “his place” well quenched, dribbled from his lips Osiriis, from Tephra. he nodded towards Ruth(less) and then to Tarian. Some are lost, some are searching, some call it home, some where rooted here long before their existence. I think you will do just fine in the field. he left it at that. A question of whether he thought he would be a good lost soul or whether he would be a good recruiter hanging in the air between them.
    @[Tarian]
    @[Ruthless]

Messages In This Thread
    winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-13-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-13-2021, 08:26 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-14-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-15-2021, 09:10 AM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-17-2021, 05:47 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-18-2021, 10:47 AM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-20-2021, 01:14 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-28-2021, 03:50 PM