• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Cacophony | Bruja
    My awkward limbs are too slow. An ear splitting shriek of disappointment emits from my razored maw, the stumbling creature bleeding ever so slightly from the rake on his neck. Not enough. I want the forest floor to stink with his blood, I want to see the spark of life extinguished from his eyes. 

They were dull and glazed when I first came upon him, now they shine with terror. Two steps down, one to go. His sharply angled hooves are a heavy impact on my shoulder, one clipping the staff in my chest. The shriek becomes a guttural scream of pain and rage. 

If there had been mercy in me before, it is gone now. He is several paces away, and my talons score the earth with the force I use to begin pursuit. Blood stained feathers litter the ground as I canter painfully after him, murder in my scar-tissue heart. 

Every few paces I beat my wings, wherever the trees allow for such expansive motion. Anything to gain a few lengths, to close the gap between us. To bring my talons within catching distance of his vicious legs, so I can feel them snap in my grip. 

@[Indivar]

Messages In This Thread
    Cacophony | Bruja - by Indivar - 04-12-2021, 05:30 PM
    RE: Cacophony | Bruja - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: Cacophony | Bruja - by Indivar - 05-01-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: Cacophony | Bruja - by Sabra - 05-17-2021, 09:47 PM