• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i apologize if you feel something
    CrownS
    He watches the first sunset since the longest night ended and he wonders how long this one will last. Will the monsters return or are they truly gone? His ears turn left and right as he listens for any sort of yowling or gibbering that would signal their return, but there are only the soft songs of birds and twigs snapping gently underfoot in the distance. The hairs along the back of his neck no longer bristle from the overwhelming energy of the strange creatures of the dark. Why, then, do his shoulders not relax?

Slowly, he blinks his glowing eyes and resumes his journey through the towering forest trees. Ancient oaks and maples sway gently in the summer breeze. Their leaves have begun to return to a vibrant green already despite the many months without light. The world is forgetting the nightmare so quickly, it seems.

The gentle light of his foxfire keeps his path illuminated as the night settles in fully now, keeping him from stumbling over fallen logs and tangling in the underbrush. The humid air makes his sapphire forelock frizz and stick uncomfortably to his face even as it begins to cool down. He hasn’t missed this part of having the sun around. A short huff briefly sends the wisp of hair from his eyes before it quickly falls back in place. Defeated, he frowns and gives a short ‘hmph’ of dissatisfaction.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[Vanilla Custard]

Messages In This Thread
    i apologize if you feel something - by crowns - 04-11-2021, 06:34 PM
    RE: i apologize if you feel something - by Fechin - 04-13-2021, 03:46 AM
    RE: i apologize if you feel something - by crowns - 05-02-2021, 07:33 PM