• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns]
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    Obscene has spent most of his young life trying specifically not to die. It was a harder task as an ungifted mortal, staying alive. You didn’t seek out death willingly that’s for sure. However when Crowns speaks of a death challenge of sorts, he can’t help the bloom of his own morbid curiosity. “How do you do that?” He finds himself asking despite his best common sense. What would it feel like to die? How do you stop death? That in itself is the question worth asking and he wonders how Crowns and his peculiar friend manage to do exactly that. The answer is already there, a bitter pill in the back of his throat. Magic of course. It must be magic.

When he asks how close he has come to dying, he snorts softly with that bitterness still lingering on his tongue. “I almost fell into a volcano once.” He admits, a memory that he had not forgotten as its one of the few he has regarding his childhood. The part where his parents were still a part of it. He had been only a few months old, tottering around Tephra with his head held high. Offspring had not hidden his fire magic from his son and so the young colt had wondered if he too had been graced with some sort of flame. It had been stupid curiosity that had his head dangling into the open mouth of the volcano to watch the lava bubbling within, even stupider luck that when he slipped Tantalize had suddenly been behind him with her wings spread, anger on her face as she gripped him at the base of his neck and thrown him back. It had been a thrilling feeling now that he recalled it but had quickly been smothered out the moment both of his parents had scolded him, berating his mortality into every inch of skin and bone so that he would remember how useless he was.

He hated remembering that.

“Do you know how to stay alive without using magic?” He suddenly asks, looking to Crowns with an unreadable expression. If he had gotten so good at not dying then maybe there was simply a trick that even he could use. It’s doubtful but it can’t hurt to ask. As for his own brand of fun… Red eyes sparkle like uncut rubies as he looks around the party and land on a small group of horses laughing and enjoying themselves. “I like pranks and dislike being this sober. Do you think she would cry if her tail caught on fire?” He motions towards the giggling mare, wondering if there was a way to separate a blue flame from the tree before them. Not to kill or anything like that, murder wasn’t his kink, but he thinks he would find the taste of tears enjoyable if someone’s glorious tail burned away to cinders or better yet stayed aflame forever if touched by the supernatural fire. Punished by the very thing they all adored, magic. 

obscene

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies [Crowns] - by Obscene - 06-04-2021, 03:49 PM