• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you know i'm never alone

It is good to hear her name spoken by someone who is not a ghost, who is not a dead relative, and Risa smiles at Crowns - grateful for that little kindness.

A small gasp escapes Risa when the memory is shared with her and a shiver runs down her spine as she feels both this magic and the chilly breeze against her skin. She doesn’t remember winter, though she had lived through a few of them. She thinks that she would like the snow, especially now. Risa does not remember the cold but she finds something relieving in the breeze that she’s so sure she can feel against her face.

There’s a dreamy smile on her face, faint and soft like the rest of her, when the memory fades away. Part of it lingers, imprinting itself into her mind. It is a memory that is not her own but that feels stronger than most of the others she has of the world. When he remarks that colour is not needed to make a place beautiful she is quick to nod, now that she has seen one of those places for herself - courtesy of what he had shared. “I agree.”

Before she can even think about it, she continues speaking - explaining something that he hadn’t asked to be explained. But the thoughts have appeared in her mind and Risa has not yet gotten back into the habit of keeping her thoughts and her words separate. “The afterlife was very grey.” Her dark blue eyes stray from him, to the vibrancy of the flowers and plants that have bloomed in his wake and the contrast to the brown world that is recovering from the sun’s absence. “So the world has been… overwhelming to take in since I returned, with all the shades that I have not seen in a very, very long time.”

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    you know i'm never alone - by crowns - 04-10-2021, 07:24 AM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by Risa - 04-13-2021, 05:02 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by crowns - 05-02-2021, 07:45 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by Risa - 05-15-2021, 05:17 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by crowns - 05-23-2021, 08:47 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by Risa - 05-26-2021, 06:42 PM