• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Time cast a spell on you but you won't forget me [Oceane]

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Pleased that her dismissive comment about his scars has ostensibly given the stranger permission to relax, Oceane also settles a bit more comfortably into the conversation. Neither shadow beasts nor Hyaline are on the forefront of her thoughts anymore, at least for now, and she cocks her hip to rest casually in front of her most recent acquaintance. As they continue to interact, he shrouded in shadow and she in light, Oceane takes periodic moments to turn her molten gaze to their surroundings with both curiosity and suspicion.

The Meadow, while serene, has never been so quiet, and before she asks the stranger if he has a home she exercises her zoolingualism by employing a nearby robin to oversee the area while they remain within it. The orange-breasted avian, notably excited to take to the skies in the sunshine again, takes her new role upon her wings wholeheartedly.

It takes the chestnut man’s surprised countenance and amused rhetoric for Oceane to realize that she has charged headlong into the deep, leaving small talk behind and neglecting to carry any sort of finesse with her. She grins, the expression hemmed with apology though more blatantly awash with her own amusement, and offers the one-eyed man a casual shrug of her glimmering winged shoulders. “I do not find myself recruiting often,” Oceane asserts candidly, “But is it truly my name that would serve as the final determinant?”

She pauses to allow for a moment of gentle laughter before finally gifting her name ─ “I am Oceane.” ─ and raising a brow in the stranger’s direction, hopeful that he will do the same.

@[Ledger]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Time cast a spell on you but you won't forget me [Oceane] - by Oceane - 04-14-2021, 01:57 PM