• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  consider how to find a place to stand
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Focused on the vision that he creates, Gale remains entirely oblivious both to his brother’s reaction to the image. Nor does he feel the way Tiercel flinches from his intrusion. Gale is accustomed enough to battling with his powers that he passes whatever barriers his brother might have had without even noticing them, using a sword instead of a scalpel.

What he does notice are the other images that Tiercel sees, a rather putrid blend of flesh and bone. Gale is not as squeamish as their elder brother, but that does not make the images pleasant, and he is frowning as the image fades.

But then Tiercel makes a jest about Mazikeen’s ability to beat him in a fight, and Gale nods proudly, forgetting about the blood and bones entirely. He and the pale Alpha are an even match despite his victory against her in the Alliance, and she’d trounced him just this morning. There’s a jagged scar across his left brow as a result, but it had healed and regrown a glowing cremello before he’d really felt the sting of Mazikeen’s razor sharp tail against his head.

“I think so too,” The brindle stallion agrees, imagining the tall peaks of the mountains as he does so. The tallest of them remain shrouded in snow year round, and Gale is becoming rather fond of the winter (it had shown in the thick coat he’d arrived in, one he’d shed for a sleeker one after standing beneath the Loessian sun).

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    consider how to find a place to stand - by Gale - 04-08-2021, 07:52 AM
    RE: consider how to find a place to stand - by Gale - 06-02-2021, 06:26 PM