• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  leave them in the wreckage
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen laughs at Wishbone’s question as she follows the purple mare wherever the Tephran wishes to take her. “No, I could do that all day.” Or, she would do that all day, if she had the chance. Her body would probably give up on her part way through but if she could fuel herself with stubbornness, Mazikeen would find a way.

It’s easier to get her thoughts out as they move, when they’re not facing each other, and she has the lush jungle for her eyes to take in. “Someone told me he loved me.” She says this quietly, failing to fight the smile that comes. “And I know that doesn’t sound like the thing I should need distracting from but it’s just…” Okay, so maybe it wasn’t very easy to get her thoughts out - pulling apart the tangled, storming mess in her mind was not a skill she had but she thought it might be good to try, so she does. “I love him too and that is… it’s…” The word she is looking for is scary but even though she likes Wishbone, and has come to trust her in the quick way Mazikeen bonds to her friends, this is not something she’ll let herself admit outloud. Alluding to it in an obvious way is one thing but to actually admit that she is afraid?

It is a very difficult thing to admit that she’s let someone hold this much sway over her heart, and that it had been going on for much of the eclipse too - this fear hadn’t started when Gale told her that he loved her. It started when she realized she couldn’t stop thinking about him, even when those thoughts were angry.

And she’s so scared that she’s finally let in her feelings for the iridescent stallion and he’ll decide whatever happiness they can manage isn’t worth it. Or he’ll come back in a few days and tell her he spent some time thinking about it and while he had thought he loved her, he was wrong.

Mazikeen huffs when she spots a river up ahead, wondering if that was Wishbone’s destination, and tries to finish sorting out her thoughts. She won't admit any of these fears to Gale, but maybe it's okay to tell them to a friend. “I’ve never felt like this before and the joy and uncertainty are both… a lot.”

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    leave them in the wreckage - by Mazikeen - 04-07-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Wishbone - 04-12-2021, 09:48 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Mazikeen - 04-13-2021, 04:00 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Wishbone - 05-05-2021, 05:32 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Mazikeen - 05-06-2021, 04:06 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Wishbone - 05-28-2021, 06:35 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Mazikeen - 06-01-2021, 02:59 PM
    RE: leave them in the wreckage - by Wishbone - 06-22-2021, 03:18 PM