• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a sky full of song
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Though he doesn’t reply aloud, Gale’s wide smile is a perfect reflection of Nashua’s - bright and happy and pleased to see his brother again.

“They might’ve tried,” he hints with a playful raise of his brow, “But I guess I’m not too tasty.” Though he speaks of the incident lightly now, regrowing his leg from the cannon down had been rather uncomfortable in the moment. His right hind leg is entirely cremello as a result, like the rest of his magically healed injuries.

“More than happy,” Gale responds, nodding his head in emphasis as he glances out over the shoreline. Though many of the island’s flora had been damaged by the lack of light, magic seems to have played a hand, and already there is fresh multi-colored growth everywhere he can See.

With the return of the light, he has felt the shadows within him grow smaller, as if they shrink from the light of the sun. Like the Monsters, he’d thought once. Eyas hadn’t ever mentioned anything like that when she talked about the Curse.

So he is more than happy, both to see the light and his brother. Curious too, because he’d brought someone with her, though the girl is out of sight by now.

“Yourself? And who was that little one, the white filly?”

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-07-2021, 06:18 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-07-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-08-2021, 07:17 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-09-2021, 07:54 AM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-10-2021, 06:24 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-10-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-11-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-12-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-14-2021, 07:56 PM