• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Everything that kills me makes me feel alive; any
    Leilan
    Toskr is out hunting, and the former dragon king of the North has made his way towards the newer parts of the forest. It’s here, he remembers, that they got burned and where the forest had been grown anew by Borderline and Memorie. Leilan had never had much understanding of growing things, but now, he connects the dots in silence. It is a good thing to learn how the plants work, how they grow - already he believes he will want to try it out on the Isle later on.

The scaled roan strolls pensively through the forest; he doesn’t so much look at where he is going, even if he’s relied on dragon sight for a long time. No, with the sunlight out and about, but more importantly, the magic that has tied itself to his soul, he feels where everything is, more than using his other senses.

The thing that, despite the different snippets of Beqannan magic that he has carried around in his life, has eluded him up until now, is that everything is so alive. Even the rocks, the light, the water around him seems to sing the magical song of Beqanna to him now, and Leilan’s currently quicksilver eyes dart from one thing to the next trying to understand the nature of these things. His mind is as whirling as his eye color, but he doesn’t notice the latter.

What he does notice is the soul of another; or the ninety-nine percent of it that is there, anyway. They won’t miss the pieces the fairy has taken, and all in all it is gifted back to them in the form of daylight.

A spider moves a paw, the wind kicks up a few leaves, insects crawl beneath the roots of the trees, a couple deer move around in the distance - ah, no, actually they’re more or less moving into Nerine at this point. The roan shakes his head and tries to focus on the life essence nearby, but finds it hard with the many things distracting him.
    I feel your love and I feel it burn
    down this river, every turn
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive; any - by Leilan - 04-07-2021, 03:15 PM