• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He waits for a reply, and tries very hard to remember to breathe lest he grow light headed again. Then she’s replying, and he’s very attentive, with wide blue eyes and flicking navy ears. Everything seems to hinge on this, and even though it takes him a moment to process the words, her smile at least tells him that the answer is good long before he thinks it through.

Right to the end, she says. It’s not what he expects, and it startles a laugh from the brindle stallion.

“Till my end,” he replies, emphasizing what he feels most important. His heart is flipping in joyful somersaults, but he has spent too much time fretting over this to not be as certain as possible. He needs to be sure that Mazikeen knows what loving him entails. He loves her today, and he’ll love her tomorrow, but he won’t lie to promise longer than that.

When he closes the space between them to press a kiss not unlike his last one to her cheek, he does promise: “For as long as I can.” He does’t pull away after, because he finds that the quick race of his heart has become something like a drum. Where he had pressed his skin to hers is still warm, so he kisses her again along the chin, just to see how that might feel.

This is quickly becoming a very interesting kind of experiment.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-10-2021, 06:05 PM