• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Bind our fortune, damn what the stars own [Atrox/Any]

Mazikeen frowns when the mare stops their trek but keeps her frustration from showing. Apparently, this wasn’t going to be so easy - as if they couldn’t talk and walk at the same time? She doesn’t mind visitors, she thinks. She just prefers to know that they are in fact just temporary visits. Maybe she’ll be a little friendlier when the sun returns (she’s stubborn in her belief that one day, somehow, it will). For now, this suits her fine - it’s keeping herself and the residents of her home as safe as she can manage.

She listens patiently to the questions that are posed, not really thinking much of any of them. Newcomers were always coming to Beqanna, after all, and time had been a funny thing without the sun to aid. It’d be easy to forget how long it had been since the sun disappeared.

She tilts her head as she thinks about this first question, her orange eyes flicking up to the featureless sky as she counts in her head. “Um… two winters? I think? It’s hard to keep track of the seasons.”

And then for the second question - a simple “I do.” It doesn’t bother her in the slightest that she isn’t known - the change had been recent and abrupt and she does not expect news of it to have travelled.

And for the third she shakes her head. “I’ve never heard that name before, sorry. Maybe you’ll have better luck in the common areas around the meadow?” Mazikeen begins to walk again, hoping Ciri will get the point and resume their slow pace.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Bind our fortune, damn what the stars own [Atrox/Any] - by Mazikeen - 04-10-2021, 09:35 PM