• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd kill for a good coma right now
    Mazikeen
    Sabal asks for what she should look out for and Mazikeen thinks back to the story Gale had told her about his parents, when she finally learned what to expect (and learned how dumb she had been to make her promise at all without knowing ahead of time). She knew how annoying it was to try to keep an eye out for something when you weren't even sure what to expect so she shares what information she has. “He told me that it would start with lying and that eventually, once it’s in full swing… he’ll try to tear apart anything that displeases him.” She can’t remember if he said try or if he had been more certain - but Mazikeen adds it in because she’s set against letting there be any tearing of any kind. “The same thing happened to his dad so he knows what to expect. I asked how long it would take to get to the point where… where he’s too dangerous and he said it’s up to me - for as long as I can stand him.” The smile that is on her face now is as sad as they come. The fierce, wild flame of a hope that she’ll get years and the chilling fear that she already had the only good afternoon she’d have with Gale - or maybe the lies had already begun and the day they had beneath the renewed sun was false.

Gale is important to her - and she nods even though it’s not a question, that sad smile remaining. He’d been important to her for a long time but it was only recently that she had figured out why. What it had meant when she hadn’t been able to think of anything else while they were apart and part of why she could not let go of her promise.

The “Thank you.” she manages to both Sabal’s offer to help and promise to keep this secret is sincere and heartfelt. She’s glad Sabal isn’t cussing her out for bringing Gale to live here (yet, anyway) - she’d been worried and knew her friend would’ve pointed out an obvious solution if there had been one Mazikeen missed. She may look like a manatee but Sabal had a quick mind and a quicker tongue. She grins at the comment of high standards and makes a mental note to maybe help Gale pick out a present for Sabal. She’d like the two of them to be friends, while they can. Maybe they could all go swimming.

Her promise to Gale is one she made back when she was just thinking she’d be able to stand him as a friend. But it remained one she still stubbornly intended to keep, no matter what.

She knew it was going to hurt - and because it’s Sabal here and no one else, there’s no point in trying to deny it so she doesn’t look away when her orange eyes shine with tears and she lets out a humourless laugh. “I’m pretty fucked, huh? He tried to push me away for a while there… I thought it was because he thought I couldn’t handle it or because he thought I sucked without my shifting.” It’s difficult even now to believe that Gale had found her distracting or that he wanted her far away so she couldn’t be hurt. “It probably would’ve been easier but I couldn’t just…  well, you know how stubborn I can be.”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 03:23 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-12-2021, 08:08 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-19-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-22-2021, 03:52 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 04-23-2021, 02:52 PM