• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd kill for a good coma right now
    Mazikeen
    Sabal does not answer the question of how she's doing and Mazikeen is only momentarily distracted by how she wished she looked as pretty as her friend when whirling in the water instead of basically being a beached whale as she was right now.

“Don’t think I don’t notice how you’re dodging the question, Sabal. We’re going to circle back to it because after surviving what we did over the last couple years, I am absolutely someone who wakes a friend up to see how they’re doing.” Sure that could have come during the day too but Maze had been… distracted. And now she is absolutely even more concerned about what’s going on in her friend’s water-logged brain.

So hopefully if Mazikeen spills, it’ll give Sabal whatever time she needs to be able to say what she needs to so it won’t need to be dragged out of her.

When Sabal mumbles that she’s glowing, Mazikeen’s ears flick backwards in a mock annoyance but there’s a smile for a moment that absolutely betrays where her mind is at. She tells herself to focus, though - she hadn’t woken Sabal up to tell her she had realized she was in love. She wasn’t that awful of a friend. So she lets those ever-present worries seep in to sober her up, the ones that tell her that when Gale gets back from whatever he needs to do he’ll have realized loving her is a mistake. He’ll see her weakness and think she cannot handle what’s coming and push her aside again.

And then whenever he hurts someone, it will be her fault.

That does the trick and there’s no smile on Maze’s face when she just decides to start talking and see what comes out. She trusts Sabal and wants her friend to be prepared for what Maze's future looks like. “Well… okay, so we’re going to have someone come to stay with us for… well for a bit, anyway.” Mazikeen may want years but she’s attempting to make herself be realistic. “I need you to help me keep an eye on him. He’s sort of… cursed. I mean, he’s usually nice and I think he’ll be okay for a while but eventually things may shift. I’m not telling everyone, I’m not even sure I’m allowed to tell you, but I need you to know. If you notice any violence or something off that makes your squid senses tingle, let me know. He’s… well, he’s coming here because I promised to end things if or when the curse becomes too much, before it can get worse.” which is only a little complicated because I love him very much but it’s totally fine “And please, Sabal,” (you know it’s serious when the pleases come out and Mazikeen’s expression turns a little pleading) “Don’t - don’t tell anyone, don’t even let him know you know unless he tells you himself. If things take a turn I’ve already decided we’ll go somewhere else until… until it’s over. Somewhere he won’t be a danger to anyone else. I don’t know if it was the right thing to do, to bring him here, but I want to be near him and I couldn’t leave Hyaline yet and...” She trails off, well aware that she’s started to ramble, and goes about preparing herself for Sabal’s reaction.

“His name is Gale.” She offers then, belatedly, and she can’t help the smile that sparks in her eyes when she says his name despite everything she’s just said. Or how it brightens a little further when she remembers something else, something a little lighter than what she had just shared - “Also, I may have told him to give you something shiny to win you over… so be nice if he actually does.”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 03:23 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-12-2021, 08:08 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-19-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 04-20-2021, 09:27 AM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-22-2021, 03:52 PM