• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd kill for a good coma right now
    Mazikeen
    Was it ever going to get any less fun to wake her friend up and see her rise from the depths? There’s a certain feeling of relief she feels every time, though, knowing that Sabal is alive and well enough to be annoyed. Her laughter fades in to a sparkling smile as the kelpie arrives and Maze relaxes in the shallows.

Mazikeen’s own sleep schedule was non-existent but she had a particularly hard time relaxing at night, still on-edge and still feeling the need to patrol. It didn’t seem right that the monsters had just totally disappeared. While the words ‘I’m sorry’ don’t cross her lips, the grimace that Maze makes says the truth of it - she actually did forget that people slept in the dark, and she didn’t know that part about sound travelling in water (though, she does tuck that little piece of information in the back of her mind to bother the squid in the future).

So, instead of an appropriate apology, she says “A swimming lesson in the dark sounds like a perfect chance for you to drown me and be rid of me forever so no thanks, I think I’ll pass.” This joke falls a little flat this time though, the absence of Breach is still a sore spot, and Mazikeen’s bright smile fades at the rush of grief.

No more jokes about losing anyone. She’d had enough of that in her past and she literally had a date with it in the future.

Mazikeen doesn’t bother to hide the display of emotions on her face in front of her friend and it’s probably all too obvious when she forces herself to smile. She’s got a little trick to it now, even though it makes her feel a little ridiculous, and her skin prickles at the memory of kisses shared by the shore of this lake the first day the sun had returned. Thank the stars for all the factors that allow the blush she feels to stay hidden.

She shakes her head to clear it, the glow from her new horns shifting as she does and their weight giving her a slight headache that grounds her again. “They showed up after I finished my quest. I’m not very used to them yet.” And then a slight pause - maybe it’d be polite to let Sabal go back to her sleep but they both knew that wasn’t about to happen. “Now, since you’re up…” And the grin that takes over is nothing short of feline, even in this shape. “I have some news but I also just wanted to see how you’re doing. You know, besides being a grouch about a late-night visit.”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 03:23 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-12-2021, 08:08 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 04-13-2021, 09:42 AM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-19-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-22-2021, 03:52 PM