• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd kill for a good coma right now
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen had thought she knew heartbreak. But all of the challenges and pitfalls she had gone through over the last year were pale echoes compared to living in a world without Breach. She still expected to see her friend around Hyaline, still considered her the true alpha of the pack. Mazikeen was just a stand-in, a bridge until someone better came along. Until one of the mares who had taken her in and given her this family returned.

Getting her shifting back had not come with the rush of relief and joy that she had been expecting. It was still there, because she was grateful to have that particular emptiness filled, but it was… muted.

Mazikeen makes her way to the lake in Hyaline. The sun has not returned but she brings a glow with her - softer than the fire aura she occasionally calls on to light the way. Horns had appeared when her shifting came back and she had not yet gotten used to seeing them constantly in her periphery or the soft, coal-like glow they gave off.

Her vision isn’t truly impaired with their presence but they are distracting. But at least she is no longer jumping into fight-mode whenever she turns her head and sees the black-and-orange shape, her mind leaping to the idea that it’s an opponent.

This glow reflects off the surface of the cold lake as Maze stands in the shallows, a small smile appearing when she thinks about how she had leapt and bounded to wake Sabal up and inform her of the eclipse.

Something, a piece of her shifting, stirs in Mazikeen - it has been given back to her altered, though she’s only just starting to discover the possibilities of what she can do. Sometimes her shifting power feels like a separate entity, something with a personality, and she feels it responding to the memory of her fishy friend - so Mazikeen lets it takes over.

And then laughs, loudly, when she shifts into… a kelpie? Something similar that she doesn’t quite have a name for? She doesn’t have sharp teeth but the white, scaled tail adorned with black and orange fins that has replaced her hind-end is unmistakable. Mazikeen cannot even move to see if she can swim, she just stays in the shallows - her laughter shifts into something hysterical as she slaps the surface of the water with this tail.

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 03:23 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-12-2021, 08:08 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-19-2021, 06:16 PM
    RE: I'd kill for a good coma right now - by Sabal - 04-22-2021, 03:52 PM