• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  be still my foolish heart, selaphiel
    THESE DAYS I DON’T PRAY WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES
    I JUST BITE MY TONGUE A BIT HARDER
    Mazikeen had told him the good news and he had to see them: his mother and his sister. Only hours ago, as the white mare had emerged from the darkness encircled in her great ring of fire, he had feared that she was coming to tell him that it was time for him to go and that he would never see them again. And now, now his weary heart is buoyed by the news that he will never have to leave them, that he will not have to live out the rest of his days near the edge of the forest trying not to draw any attention to himself. 

He moves quickly through Hyaline, unconcerned about who might see him. No one will send him away, no one will tell him that he is not welcome. (He is not happy, Sela, but this is perhaps the closest this angel cast from ice will ever get.) 

But there is no glow to guide him to the place where Este lies. Ryatah is gone. In this darkness, Sela struggles to find his way. It is the lingering scent of death that guides him. Even through the darkness, he senses his twin’s stirring. (He has been relieved of the weight of worry in regards to his future in Hyaline, but it had been nothing compared to the weight of this.) Instinctively, he slows and his heart twinges and spasms. How it aches as he draws nearer.

There is no pain like the pain of knowing that she will die and there is nothing he can do to stop it. 

She calls to him and he smiles so sadly, the smell of her death filling him up. “Hi, Este,” he calls back, moving closer still. His breath is so thin that it makes him faint, his eyelids fluttering heavy. His eyes burn.

I miss you,” he tells her and his throat aches with the truth of it. “Are you doing okay?” He asks it, though he’s acutely aware that she’s not. 

Selaphiel

@[Este]

Messages In This Thread
    be still my foolish heart, selaphiel - by Este - 03-18-2021, 03:10 AM
    RE: be still my foolish heart, selaphiel - by Selaphiel - 03-28-2021, 03:15 PM