• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take me under, take me home
    Beyza
    It’s the middle of winter and Beyza is done waiting. It is early, but there are three of them are there is only so much room in her body. If they take up any more space she’s not sure if there will be anything left of her by the spring. She wants them out and this thought is filled with such venom, such intensity, that the process begins.

For a time, Beyza had considered seeking the presence of someone else. Not Death, not the Reaper, not Jamie. Not for this. But one of her parents - someone who has been through this before with babies of actual flesh and blood and not shadows. In the end, though, she does not want to trouble them. She’s gotten out of the practice of asking for help and no longer knows how to do it.

So she does not give anyone the chance to give what she cannot ask for. She finds a deserted part of Pangea and creates walls of blistering electricity to keep everyone out. Maybe to keep them out, maybe to protect them from her screams, and maybe just to keep this moment to herself. No one else has a claim to what is going to happen here.

It is hers.

If there is any guilt about keeping Jamie away, it does not gain much traction. It joins the confusing twist of emotions bubbling within her, her regret over the darkness has made her feelings towards The Reaper complicated.

As if they had ever been anything else.

And what if their daughters are not perfect, what if they are not powerful like he dreamed? Will he still have any interest in them? Beyza has already grown attached to each of them and she will not risk letting their first moments be filled with anything but love.

While the process is less unpleasant than when she had birthed the creature at the beginning of the eclipse, Beyza is not capable of appreciating the difference. Time seems to stretch and contract around her.

First a girl dark as the night, then one that is a sweet grey, and finally one white as snow.

Smoke and fog and mist. And when all three daughters blink white eyes up at her, Beyza feels her heart skip.

Her eyes. Her eyes. Her eyes.

She whispers to them the words she’s heard from her parents, tells the trio how beautiful they are as she cleans them and cares for them, magically sustaining them. And with these whispers the wall protecting her new family comes down, fading into nothing and Beyza finally reaches out with her mind to beckon their father. 

@[jamie] @[Decima] (if you want!!)

Messages In This Thread
    take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 03-08-2021, 07:12 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 03-10-2021, 02:43 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 03-13-2021, 02:21 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 03-22-2021, 10:44 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 04-03-2021, 06:14 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 04-08-2021, 12:20 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by Beyza - 04-11-2021, 07:00 PM
    RE: take me under, take me home - by jamie - 04-12-2021, 12:02 PM