• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm not afraid of you running away, casimira

Savior

He is not particularly well-studied in emotion, Savior. He has always dealt primarily in happiness. He has never had much use for anything else. He has certainly never had to navigate the darkness of this sort of loss, so he has no way of knowing how it might affect her. He has no way of knowing what storms might be raging beneath the surface, what her calm exterior might be hiding, if anything. But he can offer her a shoulder to lean on, he can be a steadfast rock for those storms to crash against. 

There do not seem to be any storms, though, as she tucks her head up underneath his and begins to speak. He has heard of Mazikeen, though he has never met her. He knows of her accomplishments in the Alliance and now as queen. 

He has never been particularly political. He’s never had to be. He has understood from a very young age that his purpose in life was to protect Tephra. He and his sister had been fashioned for that purpose specifically. It didn’t mean that their parents loved them any less, it just meant that they had seen a need for sentinels and saw to it that they were made. He has never thought much about Breach’s decision to make Hyaline a haven for shifters, never faulted her for it, but he feels a deep sense of relief to hear that Mazikeen has changed the rule. If only because it means that their children will be welcome there, that he will be welcome there, when Casimira chooses to return home. 

Would saying something be insensitive? He cannot help the way his heart springs to live in the cavern of his chest. Can she feel the way it thrums in his throat? He tries to swallow it down but it will not be tamed, no matter the effort he makes to temper it. And it only beats harder when she speaks fondly of Tephra. He smiles, this he does not even try to stop. 

Do you?” he asks, a thoughtful hum, “I think Tephra kind of likes you, too.” He shifts his weight. “But if you were to go back to Hyaline, it’s good to know we could join you.” 

YOU REMIND ME WHO I WAS AND WHO I WANT TO BE
    YOU REMIND ME THOUGH NOT WHOLE, I’M NOT EMPTY

@[Casimira]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not afraid of you running away, casimira - by savior - 03-29-2021, 08:02 PM