• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  carry me out, up and away

Ever since meeting his companion, Anubias had since been informed that it was a red panda - but they had gotten no closer at discovering the perfect name. They used Cheri’s suggestion - Creature - and still planned on always using it whenever they were around the filly, even though they both agreed it wasn’t quite right. Accurate, but not perfect.

Neither the yearling boy nor his companion minded the lack of The Name all that much - it did not hinder their games or their bonding. They made the most of this dark world and Anubias regaled the fuzzy red creature with tales of the sun and all the wonderful things they’d be able to see once it returned.

It was with such thoughts that the pair ended up drifting to sleep in a protective copse of trees near the forest’s edge.

This dream felt different, though Anubias did not think much about it. He easily assumed it had something to do with the warm golden sunshine that washed over him, reflecting off of the metallic sheen of his coat with more intensity than it had ever done in life. His companion skittered after some of these light spots and Anubias’ laughter brought brighter sunshine and with it, more pieces of reflected light for the red panda to chase and scramble after - all while her striped tail twitches behind her.

The grass beneath his hooves is golden, and in the way of dreams everything outside his immediate area is still a pastel-coloured haze, waiting to be discovered - waiting, though he doesn't know it, to be built and shaped to his desire.

@[iridian]

Messages In This Thread
    carry me out, up and away - by Anubias - 02-27-2021, 04:40 PM
    RE: carry me out, up and away - by iridian - 03-11-2021, 11:48 PM
    RE: carry me out, up and away - by Anubias - 04-08-2021, 06:04 PM