• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ain't much I can do but I do what I can; TARNISHED
    "Baby, we were born with fire & gold in our eyes"
    She would love the ability to shape shift, to change her form at will, to have the fingers and toes and all that she wanted, whenever she wanted. She would be envious of him and his ability and wish it for herself. Mostly, sometimes she just wished that she was more original and didn't feel like she was already drowning in a sea of unique. She wished she could just settle completely back into her skin, forgetting about the hands and feet and just be happy with what she had now. But her illusions had been shattered, been ripped and then mended. They would never be the same.

She is lost in this self-pity for a moment, here alone underneath the willow tree. But a grumbling voice makes her turn her head, surprise lighting up her eyes as she turns to look at him. She feels that strange familiarity that he does, but she is unable to place him. Although his swear words did earn him a small smile and a chuckle. She shifts as she faces him, her welcoming smile back upon her lips. On others it might start to seem redundant but Willa is almost always genuine and her smile shows it. Her eyes seem to light up a little as she looks at him.

His temper tantrum earns him another smile and some giggles to go with it before she replies happily. "Hi." She is quiet, waiting as it seems like he is thinking about something before he says it. She almost laughs again at the very abrupt away he seems to spit it out. "Er, well, kind of." She says with a laugh. "My Da was good friends with Sunshine and we visited often. Oh, er, Quark." Of course he wouldn't know her by Sunshine (little did she know he would), that had been what she had always thought of her. Strange-thing. She did miss Strange, horribly and often wondered what had happened to her, where she was. She hadn't quite made it to the Jungle yet to see, perhaps that would be the place to go next. "Did you live there?"

" Even in the dust we shine with fire & gold in our eyes."
    Willa

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ain't much I can do but I do what I can; TARNISHED - by Willa - 08-20-2015, 05:11 PM