• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this fire inside me; selaphiel
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    He feels only a glimmer of her frustration as it spirals through the both of them, weakening as she moves to abandon him in favor of exploring the territory despite his warnings. 

It is plainly evident that he will need to regroup, figure out some other way to convince her to go home. Should he tell her that other monsters lurk here? That they will snatch her up and carry her away? He doesn’t want to frighten her, he only wants her to be careful. His vision strobes with his own worry as he follows her into the darkness, heart pounding. 

She walks purposefully and he struggles to keep up, tripping over roots that he ordinarily would have known to avoid. (He has moved quickly through these woods in this darkness many times, working hard to remain unseen, and knows precisely where to put his feet and the only reason for this clumsiness is distraction.)

He asks about her parents in the hopes of slowing her down, turning her thoughts in a different direction, stopping her and turning her around. Perhaps if he can get her attention back on him he can coax her back to the border and away from the heart of the kingdom.

But he is more easily manipulated than she is, it seems. He swallows at her question, nodding. “I think so,” he says and he means it. This is not a scare tactic. “I think it’s only a matter of time before they’re going to tell me I have to go.” There is an edge to his tone when he says it, like he’s not certain if telling him he has to go will be the end of it.

Would he be able to smell his own death coming?

Why do you want to see it so bad anyway?” he asks. 

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@[Kamaria]

Messages In This Thread
    this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Kamaria - 02-25-2021, 11:40 AM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Selaphiel - 02-25-2021, 04:01 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Kamaria - 03-14-2021, 10:27 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Selaphiel - 03-28-2021, 03:59 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Kamaria - 04-10-2021, 05:01 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Selaphiel - 04-10-2021, 06:05 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Kamaria - 04-18-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Selaphiel - 04-20-2021, 09:35 PM
    RE: this fire inside me; selaphiel - by Kamaria - 05-25-2021, 11:34 AM