• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My home was never on the ground || Tin Man, any
    @ [Starsonder]

Hearts will never be practical,
    until they can be unbreakable.
    (But I still want one.)

The Tin Man didn't like the recent shift in natural laws; darkness had fallen, and most importantly, it hadn't been interrupted by daytime. He may have adjusted to the dim light physically, and he enjoyed not being too visible with his white-on-black spots--but nighttime meant predators, and the things that came with the darkness certainly FELT like them. Moreover, his nomadic nature meant he'd been largely lacking in other horses to watch out for him when he took a break.

On the other hand, he also remembered that he'd never liked Tephra that much, either. While the weather was warm and the grass was green and thick, the earth had rivers of itself as well as water--hot, red, and almost liquid. They smelled like fire, and without any magic to keep burns off, he tried to keep away from them.

Another horse's soft call startled him amidst the hissing steam and bubbling lava. "Oh. Hi!"

It sounded like a mare, and the silhouette was certainly horse-shaped, but with the earth and the water's noises constantly in the background, he wasn't quite sure.

The Tin Man

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My home was never on the ground || Tin Man, any - by The Tin Man - 03-03-2021, 10:56 PM