• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't know why i run away, rosebay
    CrownS
    She doesn’t speak of her mother aloud and he doesn’t pry into her thoughts without invitation. Regardless, whatever Otherworld Straia had been snatched away to remains a mystery to the both of them. And perhaps it’s better that way. Rosebay and Crowns are precisely the sort of fools who would reach into the darkness just to see if they could pluck an answer from it.

He wonders what sorts of demons dance behind her eyes whenever he looks down at her. Is she glad to see him? Annoyed he was away for so long? A smile forms across his lips when she breathes her question, then widens when the poison spreads over his tongue like wine. He likes the way it numbs his tongue and makes his entire mouth feel like static electricity.

The snapping of a bone draws his gaze from her face for a while as he stares wordlessly into the void. For a short moment, there is silence, and then wet thrashing as meat is torn and chewed. Crowns swallows her poison and thoughtlessly presses a kiss to her temple before stepping closer to the sounds.

Who do you think is hungrier? Us or them?” he asks without looking back to her. There is a soft laugh bubbling into his words as the foxfire seems to jump a little with excitement. He pours heat into the bouncing flames until they begin to hiss and spit in their wild orbiting. “It is a lovely night.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[rosebay]

Messages In This Thread
    i don't know why i run away, rosebay - by crowns - 02-20-2021, 01:21 PM
    RE: i don't know why i run away, rosebay - by crowns - 03-25-2021, 07:35 PM