• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't know why i run away, rosebay
    CrownS
    He moves through the darkness as a pair of glowing eyes with the will-o’-wisps bobbing lazily around him. Their blue flames occasionally illuminate his hip or shoulder before continuing on their lazy orbit. Crowns allows his magic to spread from him as unseen hands, blindly feeling for anything familiar. He occasionally catches the leg of some stranger or brushes up against the scales and fur of unknown things. His breath catches in his throat whenever they escape between his fingers. They were not anything he seeks, though.

The boy wonders if he will happen upon Olena or Eight, maybe even Altar or Rosemary. Would they venture into this infinite night as he does? There is a piece of him that would prefer they remain somewhere safe, if he’s being honest, but then he finds Rosebay standing there in the dark nearby. He swallows hard and gently tugs at her mane before his magic recoils and retreats back inside his ribs. Crowns blinks his glowing eyes and waits to see if she will entertain him with her presence once more.

Somehow, it doesn’t surprise him that she is the one he stumbles upon here. She had tiptoed to the edge of death with him. She knows what lies beyond this world just as well as he does.

A snarl of something off to his left snatches his attention for a moment as the hairs along his neck raise. The yowling almost sounds like words and he finds his legs moving closer to Rosebay before he wills himself to walk. Crowns spreads a dripping wing to drape over her back as he draws near.

It sounds hungry,” he whispers as the glow of his fire briefly lands upon their faces.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[rosebay]

Messages In This Thread
    i don't know why i run away, rosebay - by crowns - 02-20-2021, 01:21 PM