• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's a mystery to me; lilliana
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Although Wishbone has endured a lot in the past few days, she isn’t quite ready to return to Tephra yet. Her nap with Mazikeen had revitalized her, giving her enough energy to journey from their safe place near the Forest to the northern realms of Beqanna. She stumbles for the first half of the trip, unbalanced by the shorter, muscled nature of her new legs. But they feel similar to her original body — though a bit more athletic — and by the time the redwoods tower in the near distance, she walks with a confident step.

Wishbone isn’t entirely sure why she travels to Taiga before heading home. Perhaps her spirit of wanderlust remains unquenched, fueled by the adventures that continue to find her (and she finds them). But on a deeper level, Wishbone realizes that she hopes to find Lilliana. The scents of pine and mist remind her of the red mare and their journey to the top of the volcano. Wishbone had learned a lot on that trip; she had discovered much about herself, about Lilliana, about Wolfbane. It had been painful, she can’t deny that, but it had also been good.

And while another story of Wishbone’s life remains unspoken, another bodily change (from mahogany to obsidian to purple) has sparked her to tell it. While she had stubbornly sat through her parents’ lectures on diplomacy as a child, those lessons have remained with her. Even more so, Wishbone is aware of the fact that Lilliana won’t recognize her right away. The only thing that remains of her long, dark body is her amber eyes. So the purple pangare mare comes to a stop at Taiga’s border, the ground soft with decaying pine-needles and spongy moss. Her eyes glance into the darkness, aware of the whisps of shadow that seem to dance and taunt like young children.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 02-16-2021, 05:05 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 02-18-2021, 02:15 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 02-23-2021, 06:41 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 02-26-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 03-30-2021, 08:06 AM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 04-02-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 04-12-2021, 09:11 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 04-25-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 05-27-2021, 01:39 PM