• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  cold as a wind sea breeze; narya
    i've been sleeping so long in a twenty-year dark night
    and now i see daylight
    She has never met anyone like him. She typically steered clear of those that made her heart beat too hard, the ones that made her nerves feel like they are needles against her skin. The cool way that he regards her inspires a faint feeling of fear to crawl up her spine, because she hates the way she cannot read his face. Even with the silver orb that casts light across their faces there is still nothing she can discern from his stern, almost stone-like features, and he hardly blinks when she comments on the blood on his shoulder.

His eyes are such an enchanting green, though, that she forgets her apprehension. She finds herself staring at them, fixing her dark brown eyes to the emerald green of his, searching for any kind of break in the stone that he is portraying. She thinks, for the briefest of moments, that they seem brighter, but set against that unyielding face of his she does not let herself believe it.

Her name sounds different spoken from his mouth like it is wrapped in thunder. It chases the chill he had created with a strange kind of heat, one that flushes inside of her chest. She doesn’t know what it means—this strange tug-of-war, where she is wary of him but all at once fascinated.

She says nothing and only keeps her ruby-lined face pointed to his, contemplating his question. The thoughtful silence stretches for what she is sure is an awkward amount of time (for her, at least—hyper-aware of the pounding in her ears, of the breath that suddenly feels tight in her lungs), before finally answering, “Everything is always too loud for me. Even when I’m alone. But being alone at least makes it feel….quieter.” Quieter, because it is just her own thoughts and the dead, without the jarring voices of all the other conversations of the common areas.

He has not given her his name yet, and while she so badly wants to ask for it she does not, instead asking softly, “Are you usually alone?”
    narya

Messages In This Thread
    cold as a wind sea breeze; narya - by woolf - 02-14-2021, 10:50 PM
    RE: cold as a wind sea breeze; narya - by Narya - 02-15-2021, 01:40 AM
    RE: cold as a wind sea breeze; narya - by woolf - 02-28-2021, 04:39 PM
    RE: cold as a wind sea breeze; narya - by Narya - 03-14-2021, 04:44 PM
    RE: cold as a wind sea breeze; narya - by woolf - 03-20-2021, 03:13 PM
    RE: cold as a wind sea breeze; narya - by Narya - 04-01-2021, 12:45 AM