• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll cross that line

However embarrassed and confused Mazikeen was about the last conversation they had - she believed this visit was inevitable. Nothing about her promise changed just because he didn’t want to be friends. About that one thing, at least, she felt absolutely certain. She already worried she had left it too long, and she should’ve thought to ask for some sort of timeline to keep in mind.

But since she didn’t know - this was surely just a quick trip to see how he was doing, assess the level of mischief, and then she could be on her way. She had a whole list of rationalizations for this visit that ran through her mind as she took off from the western coast of the continent - the shadow wings she was still getting accustomed to nearly blending into the darkness so it looked like she was floating through the air as she moved low across the ocean.

At least she wasn’t likely to cry again this time. The warmer months had been spent working to accept the fact that she has emotions and sometimes they’ll be messy (and that’s not the end of the world) - and coming to the slow but sure realization that she was still strong, still capable, still Mazikeen without her shifting. She hadn’t lost anything.

Except for him. Her friend that hadn’t felt like a friend.

She still can’t put a name to what it all means. Why it matters to her or what the undercurrent of nerves that thrums in her heart even now is a symptom of. Even as she hates herself for this truth - that it does feel like a loss.

Islandres draws closer and as soon as she focuses on the vague shape of the beach and the trees, a prickle courses down her spine and with it, the shadow wings at her side disappear. An angry, surprised yell escapes Mazikeen and she falls unceremoniously right into the ocean. Her legs sting with pain from the impact as the water swallows her for a mildly terrifying second before she meets the bottom and then pushes upwards until she finds the air again.

She walks carefully onto the beach now, more worried about her pride than the bruises on her legs and belly as her orange eyes scan the area. There’s no point in giving herself a moment to try to calm down, she’s sure her heart would be beating this fast no matter how smooth her landing had been. She is, after all, not exactly welcome - right? But she was Mazikeen - Champion of Hyaline, someone who has now survived death twice, and battled with as many monsters as she could find (and even had a collection of nice new scars as a result). She could handle a conversation with Gale. However long she needs to camp out here for him to come over to her.

If no one approaches, drawn by her shout or splashing, she'll move along the beach - keeping to where the water brushes against her dark hooves and trying very hard not to prowl and instead look at ease. As if she's someone who's here to see the (nearly invisible) sights and not step on any toes.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-10-2021, 02:26 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-13-2021, 08:42 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-13-2021, 09:28 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-14-2021, 12:45 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-14-2021, 08:48 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-14-2021, 10:43 AM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Mazikeen - 02-14-2021, 12:40 PM
    RE: I'll cross that line - by Gale - 02-15-2021, 08:07 AM