• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  in hell i'll be in good company, plumeria
    jarris
    Sometimes he fears he is going mad with the pain.
    But isn’t that what he deserves?

The thing that had cursed him had seen through him, seen what he truly was. And though he knows now that the things that had happened on the Mountain had happened only in his mind, he knows that he has other crimes to pay for. There will never be any shortage of reasons that he should be punished.

But he has stayed. For the first time in his life, he has been wholly selfless. He has felt the need to wander, certainly, but he has kept himself rooted firmly to her side. Because her happiness, he knows now, is the only thing that matters. And it has been years now since they last brought a child into the world. A child who has gone off into the world with the rest of them, their Keepsake.

And he worries about her the same way he worries about the rest of them in this darkness. Endless darkness that is neither day nor night. He has heard rumors that the darkness descended when their grandson, the shadow thing, had emerged victorious in the Alliance. But he does not know how to believe that their son could have sired a monster, cannot make it make sense, so he chooses instead to ignore it.

The darkness further distorts his vision, which is already blurred almost to the point of uselessness by the liquid gold that cuts rivers down his cheeks. He remains largely idle these days. Not only because he stays for her but because the stiller he stays the less likely the thorns are to dig into the tender flesh of his brow. He is so tired of bleeding.

He exhales a careful sigh now, peering blindly into the shadows. “My darling,” he murmurs, “do you think the sun will ever return?

I WAS READY TO DIE FOR YA, BABY
    DOESN’T MEAN I’M READY TO STAY

@[Plumeria]

Messages In This Thread
    in hell i'll be in good company, plumeria - by jarris - 02-09-2021, 04:05 PM