• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

By the shade of a willow tree [Borderline]
    Yan guessed it was a good thing that Borderline was here, helping him out where he clearly had a lack of education.

“Oh!” Yan’s eyes widened. He half-smiled, sheepishly. “Yea I suppose that is lucky for us.” The stallion laughed.

Mushrooms grew in the dark, where damp soil and rotten wood mixed. Maybe in some aspect he knew that was correct, but it took Borderline humbling him for Yanhua to realize how focused he tended to be on the wrong things. The glowing horse shook his head and held his mate appreciatively, clearing his thoughts as he listened to Borderline speak. Her suggestion to search the surrounding forests for exactly the kind of mushroom they needed was a solid one; Yanhua felt settled on where they’d begin.

“We should probably start with Tephra’s jungle. I hear one of their islands has seawater that glows when it touches the shore. Perhaps we could start at the border, ask for information, and then hopefully travel freely from there.” Yan peered down at the mare tucked under his chin. Underneath the tangle of his softly shimmering forelock, the sharp blue color of his eyes was warm and steady.

If Borderline was willing and ready to go, then they only needed to inform the family, make plans for departure, and head out as soon as possible. Yanhua felt the urgency of the future, but he could also feel the softness of Borderline’s shockingly blue hair when he kissed it, and could inhale the intoxicating scent of her skin as she tucked herself close to his side. He admitted to himself that he missed this: the easiness between them, the affection. Yan felt something lodge in his throat and he swallowed, tilting his head so that the flat curve of his once-copper cheek rested carefully on the crown of Borderline’s lovely head.

“Between us, I want you to know something.” Yan murmured. “I’m glad we’re doing this together, just you and I.” He explained, hoping she would understand that this wasn’t a slight against Ama. He would never dishonor the friend who grew into the mother of his children, who supported him up and down the mountain despite her own pain. “It’s just that I know things between us haven’t been… perfect. The last time we were alone together, before the Eclipse, I was worried that you wouldn’t be able to find some spark of happiness here anymore. Now I can feel that changing. Funny how the world works sometimes.” He mused darkly.

Considering the circumstance, Yan thought a little black humor was appropriate. Who knew it would take an apocalypse and one little near-death-experience to bring his family together?

@[Borderline]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: By the shade of a willow tree [Borderline] - by Yanhua - 03-11-2021, 10:21 AM