• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I could make it better for you

Tamlin is still watching his wolf friends depart when the first voice breaks through his thoughts of monsters. It isn’t a monster though - just a young girl he hadn’t noticed in the shadows. He’s trying to remember which of his siblings is about her size when she gets close. He doesn’t spook, but he does laugh at her cooing proposition - not harshly, though he is a little uncomfortable. His laugh is an easy, rich noise as his opal hooves shuffle and bring him to a stop in the grass.

A mare joins them before he gets a chance to speak and he politely responds to the questions asked of him in turn. First - the offer of a new home and he looks down at the youth. “Actually, I’ve got a home already kiddo!” And a pretty great one too! He definitely wasn’t looking to relocate.

Tamlin’s gaze moves to meet the white eyes of a third, quiet, stranger. That one, he thinks to himself, could be a monster. It - he? - doesn’t seem immediately threatening and he quickly remembers his eagerness to talk about the wolves and turns his skull head back to the red-eyed mare.

One of the downsides of being a skeleton is that Tamlin’s smile isn’t capable of being fully appreciated. He's got a good smile, too. It does, however, radiate through his voice when he happily replies to the next question about the wolves. He could talk about his pack forever and he does not get the impression that the (literally) smoking mare is asking because she’s afraid.

“Once they’re done hunting, they'll be back. Sometimes they forget about me and I need to remind them - but not often.” After nine years of bonding with the same pack and seeing several generations - and almost as many puppies as his mother had given him siblings - Tamlin’s manipulation of the wolves had become pretty basic. Every once in a while one of them would need to be reminded that he was not food

His fleshless head turns to regard all three of his new companions in turn. He's more comfortable with a crowd, even as odd of one as this - but strange is just part of life, as far as he's concerned. He shifts his wings so the bones rattle against his ribs again just for effect since a wink is utterly useless. “Considering I’m a walking chew toy for them at the moment, though, I don’t think I’m likely to be forgotten today.”

t a m l i n

artwork by space1993

@[Calavera]

Messages In This Thread
    I could make it better for you - by Tamlin - 01-24-2021, 07:03 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Calavera - 01-25-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Livinia - 01-25-2021, 10:45 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Niklas - 01-26-2021, 03:26 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Tamlin - 01-28-2021, 06:05 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Calavera - 01-31-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Livinia - 02-03-2021, 01:04 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Niklas - 02-10-2021, 05:44 PM