• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I could make it better for you

l i v i n i a
    such is life, such is death.

Company in the meadow had much changed since the darkness had come.  Livinia perhaps found it more welcoming now than she had before. Gone were the days of idle chitchat and conversations about the weather.  Now there was only darkness and monsters and those unafraid of both. And that suited her just fine.  She found the company to be much improved.  And the sight of the skeletal stallion was more than enough to pique her interest.

She was intrigued. Livinia was a creature equal parts dead and living - flesh without life. And here he was, bones imbued with life.  So cause for her intrigue was, in some ways, quite obvious.  Like called to like, did it not?

His kinship with predators made him all the more intriguing. Of course, Livinia had no way of knowing that Tamlin himself did not hunt as a predator.  The girl of smoke and shadow had never lost her predator’s instincts even when she’d been removed from her once-predator body.

She watched as they bounded away from him - disappearing into the unrelenting darkness.  Curiosity, however, was enough for her to unravel the mist-like smoke that concealed her. She stepped back into the fresh air of the meadow, corporeal again, and made her way towards the stallion of bone.

But she was not the only one to have noticed him.

Livinia laughed - a hollow sound pouring from lungs that so rarely held air.  She breathed only out of habit, not out of necessity. “What big words for one so small,” she cooed to the child, before turning her crimson gaze upon the skeletal creature.

“Will the wolves return?” She asked, curious as to their sudden departure. Wisps of smoke swirled in her path as she finally drew to a halt.

Drawing Credit

@[Tamlin]

Messages In This Thread
    I could make it better for you - by Tamlin - 01-24-2021, 07:03 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Calavera - 01-25-2021, 05:27 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Livinia - 01-25-2021, 10:45 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Niklas - 01-26-2021, 03:26 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Tamlin - 01-28-2021, 06:05 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Calavera - 01-31-2021, 05:19 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Livinia - 02-03-2021, 01:04 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Niklas - 02-10-2021, 05:44 PM
    RE: I could make it better for you - by Tamlin - 02-13-2021, 04:52 PM