• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I feel it burning up inside

Her ear flicks towards the sound of someone approaching but Mazikeen is so wrapped up in her own thoughts - even though they were thoughts of someone appearing out of the darkness and solving all her problems - that she doesn’t react more than that until their shoulders brush. She tenses and stops her wandering but does not back away - and it is gratifying when he does.

Mazikeen was not at her best at the moment and she silently reprimands herself for becoming so distracted she had lost sight other immediate surroundings. She knew there were creatures in the shadows, she had fought a few of them already, and yet she was too busy sulking to have the common sense to stay aware.

There’s a small ‘oh’ moment where maybe (maybe) Mazikeen starts to understand why she had been given this quest and challenge from the fairies.

But this small sense of self-reflection is pushed aside for now.

She hadn’t been paying attention either, but his blunt non-apology needles her skin further than it already had been, and she thinks it might be satisfying to insult someone other than herself for a change. “Fewer brain cells than legs, huh?” Mazikeen bites back, her ears flattening against her skull as she stares at him. Immediately forgetting what she had just reprimanded herself for, she’s focused more on him, this alarmingly green and violet creature, than their immediate surroundings and is not paying attention to the slow move of shadows around them.

@[lestrade]

Messages In This Thread
    I feel it burning up inside - by Mazikeen - 01-20-2021, 06:33 PM
    RE: I feel it burning up inside - by lestrade - 01-24-2021, 04:31 PM
    RE: I feel it burning up inside - by Mazikeen - 01-27-2021, 09:57 AM