• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  any way to distract and sedate, Oceane

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Oceane departs from Soran's side easily on this timeless day. Even when the days had passed in their regular diurnal rhythm, the man had preferred keeping to himself, but in this preternatural darkness he is less likely to venture away from the hovel in the canyon he calls his own. And though she loves him, the Loessian Queen simply cannot, and will not, remain coiled by his side when her Kingdom needs her.

The seemingly affectionate way she touches his cheek with her muzzle is stiff and icy before she moves away from the canyon and into the inky black. The viper she has employed with her zoolingualism rests nearby, coiled in the dark upon a cairn of rocks heated by the steam of the adjacent hot springs. He hisses quietly before unfurling and then serpentines himself so that he leads the opaline mare into the darkness with his infrared gaze.

She follows lazily, her lavender head slung low and her feathered wings half open as she meanders behind the serpent. He tells her occasionally of obstacles in her path, but otherwise the viper is silent and so is she. It's only when, so apparent in the long night, a strong glow flashes briefly in the near distance that Oceane lifts her head and presses her ears forward in interest. The viper amends their path, directing her towards this odd development, before hissing to her that the source was simply a horse.

Hello?

“Hello there,” she greets warmly in return as her gilded eyes settle on the now-faint glow of the ivory woman before her, “I'm sorry to disturb you. I saw a flash and-” she supposes the woman before her knows the rest. With a quiet sigh and an instinctive smile, despite the dark, Oceane offers a warm introduction.

“I am Oceane. And you?”

@[Islas]
    (um i love surprise posts this is wonderful<3)
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    any way to distract and sedate, Oceane - by Islas - 01-20-2021, 01:42 AM
    RE: any way to distract and sedate, Oceane - by Oceane - 01-23-2021, 07:59 PM