• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All my life I've been heading for hell; Ryatah

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

As her healing creeps through him, he can feel the pain ebbing even as strength returns. The fever abates, clearing his head while doing nothing to touch the turmoil spilling so recklessly from him. She is the only creature he had ever run from, and even then it had not suited him well. He knows he would not run again, but he rather doubts she’d like it any better.

The moment he is able, he is on his feet, wings flaring aggressively before settling slowly against his sides. His dark eyes, clearer now than they’ve been in days, fix on her with a renewed ferocity. The edge that had returned as swiftly as it had disappeared seems to alarm her, but he can’t bring himself to care. She damned well should be alarmed.

She had only ever seen the less feral parts of him before. Her claims of loving him fall flat even as she holds herself away from him. Now, in the face of all the vile pieces that make up his entire identity, she trembles. Later he would undoubtedly hate himself for it. Now however, he is too agitated.

“You never loved me,” he grinds out as he steps closer, crowding her. “And you certainly never chased me.” He is so close now she must be able to feel his breath as it grows ragged. “You told me yourself, out of your own fucking mouth, just how much you preferred…” he couldn’t quite manage their names as they caught, dry and bitter, on his tongue, “your other fuckbuddies to me.”

He is being deliberately crude, but he can’t seem to stem the tide of fury and resentment. He would have known it was true even if she had never said it, but somehow hearing the words had made it real in a way it had never been before. In a way he couldn’t seem to ignore any longer. He smiles then, but it is an ugly thing. “I don’t suppose I need to tell you how much delight Carnage took in ripping me limb from fucking limb before sending me to be a vessel for his beasts?” He should’ve stopped talking long ago, but now that the words have found his lips, he can’t seem to stem the tide. “Or that he let me believe you and I could ever be happy before proving me so fucking wrong?” He presses impossibly closer, teeth bared only a whisper from her perfect white skin. “I’m sure you had a great laugh at my expense.” His entire body stills then, as though waiting. Whether it’s for her confirmation or denial, he’s not certain. “Are you laughing now?”

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All my life I've been heading for hell; Ryatah - by Ashhal - 02-17-2021, 01:11 PM