• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All my life I've been heading for hell; Ryatah

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He had felt something stir as the sun had slipped behind the moon, darkening the day to near night. An ugly premonition had risen, a knowledge that this was only the beginning. And he had been proven right moments later when his skin rippled before oily claws ripped through the pale skin of his shoulder.

He had known pain before, but this had proven to be something entirely new. As the creature had torn away in a spray of blood and flesh, his world had blackened. He had slipped into unconsciousness, woken only by the crashing wave of his memories, settling sharply back into place. Left behind as debris by the creatures that had stolen them in the first place.

He couldn’t say how much time had passed between then and now. Only that the tsunami of his life pouring back into his head, over a century long and so horribly burdened with darkness, death, and anger, had made it impossible to comprehend the time passing. When it had finally passed, he had found himself on the banks of the river, shaking with pain and exhaustion.

And he had slept, collapsing beneath the branches of a willow in blessed oblivion.

When he finally awakens, the darkness is still upon him as a foreboding presence washes across the land.

Fuck.

How long had it been? Days? Weeks? His memories are still jumbled and knotted inside his head, struggling to place themselves in any sort of linear pattern, but he recognizes the creatures. His damned fault then. What a fool he’d been.

As he moves to rise, searing pain rips across him, radiating from the gaping wound mangling his shoulder. Old blood coats his pale skin, flaking as he struggles to move. The involuntary shout of pain that had escaped him is quickly dampened, locked behind gritted teeth. The last thing he wished to do was alert anything nearby of his presence.

Not that it would probably matter anyway. His movement had caused the wound to stretch and crack. He can already smell the infection even as blood and pus begin to ooze. So if the creatures did not succeed in killing him first, his own body undoubtedly would.

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    All my life I've been heading for hell; Ryatah - by Ashhal - 01-13-2021, 11:44 AM