• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me clarity | mazikeen

His mention of already having bragging rights is just to tease her, and she’s sure it’s not malicious, but her smile falters for just a moment before she can catch it. Mazikeen hopes the sting of having lost will fade in time - indeed, the fact that it is just a sting and not an all-consuming rage is actually progress. It shouldn't bother her so much and she is vaguely aware that being so affected by failure is a weakness that will undoubtedly cause her problems.

Here, on this tropical island, after this day, she is able to (mostly) shake off these thoughts and she easily discovers a smile again as she considers Gale's question - and reminds herself that it is okay to have lost to someone who's laughter and presence has ended up bringing her such joy.

A prize for the rematch, though? Her eyes move away from the blue stallion to consider the surroundings, looking for inspiration. But in the near-darkness, her feline eyes cannot discover the answers she seeks and they slide back to Gale’s face before long.

Every idea of a prize that comes to her as she looks him over is embarrassing or ridiculous. Or both.

“Well... if I win, bragging rights is enough for me.” Now it’s her turn to wink, orange eyes dancing as she takes a single step forward. Which, naturally, does nothing to calm her heart. “But as for what prize I could offer you, Gale.” There’s just the slightest pause after she says his name, and again she feels that flicker of fire across her skin. “You’d have to tell me.”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me clarity | mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 01-23-2021, 05:15 PM