• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom

He pushes through the shadows, shakes the rust from his bones. It falls around him like the leaves of fall and all but disappears into the mist that shrouds him. The winds had been shifting as of late, he could feel it in every fiber of his being. It is a dangerous feeling, as if their kingdom is in need of something more than what they’d been giving.

She was known to be a harsh mistress. They’d all learned that in some manner or another, and if they hadn’t, well…they were probably getting ready to learn.

He slips into the meeting beside of Kavi, dipping his head to those who had reached the little gathering before him. There were the usual exchanges, the stuff that had to be said at every kingdom meeting. He watches Straia direct their attention to their tree, and he is in that moment all too eager to shed his blood for it. He’d shed his blood for this kingdom countless times already, what was once more? Straia directs to him, and he inclines his head in thanks while feeling the magic of the land seeping into him. His heart responds, and the blue symbol on his chest pulses. Already his head itches, and he has no doubt that soon the horns promised him will show themselves there. “A wise choice, my queen. Killdare, congratulations.” he said simply, glancing at the stallion. They’d not had many interactions, and admittedly that needed to change if they were to work together successfully. A point Warship planned to make once the meeting adjourned. For now, however, was the business of “stirring the pot”.

The thought of stealing children was somewhat disdainful to him, despite his chosen kingdom and in heart for war. “Stealing children will accomplish nothing but bringing angry mothers and their kingdoms to our doorsteps. Perhaps, if you scoured the den and found abandoned children and brought them up here, but to rip them from their mothers? I can’t see them being very keen on anything we’d have to teach them. Though there may be something for stealing weanling children. Impressionable still, but less apt to miss the comforts of mommy.” he says, glancing from face to face. It seemed they were somewhat split on that issue. Others speak here and there, and he listens in turn. It is Gryffen that really peaks his attention, the cremello stallion with the devil red eyes. Little did he know (though he could probably have guessed, if he’d cared to) he was a son of Kennedy, the once love of the old general. Neither here nor there now, she was long dead and rotting and Warship remained. “Interesting idea, Gryffen, interesting indeed. Perhaps in addition to the maze of sorts, the captive must bring someone to us for the blood sacrifices? Let the captive do the dirty work, and keep the respective blood from our hooves. I’m not sure exactly what all the tree requires, but it is a thought, if having our name synonymous with fear is the ultimate goal.” And with that he falls silent, waiting to see what else they could come up with.

W A R S H I P

I come from a long bloodline that ain't gonna change
    So take your pistol pointing finger right off the trigger
    I know where to aim...hell, I'm to blame

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Gryffen - 08-16-2015, 01:39 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Warship - 08-19-2015, 09:12 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Gryffen - 08-23-2015, 11:03 PM
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - all kingdom - by Gryffen - 09-01-2015, 02:46 PM