• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Any
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Tephra had been different when Wishbone was born into it. The kingdom had been nestled in the southeastern region of Beqanna, rather than the northwestern corner it calls home now. The politics had been different as well; though Wishbone was too full of young life to comprehend her father’s diplomatic lessons fully, her mind had grasped enough for her to understand that things are different in this present-day Tephra.

Thankfully, Wishbone knows enough to recognize that Ischia falls beneath the volcano’s watchful eye and Warden’s careful rule. She has been learning since she officially decided to call Tephra home once more, and her mind makes the connection between Aquaria and Ischia in a heartbeat. Wishbone had been grateful to hear that the islands were no longer ruled by Ivar, a genuine relief that was spurred when she realized how she would have had to interact with the kelpie if he did still live in Ischia.

They would probably have needed a new leader in a matter of months — she thinks this with a smirk that is hidden by the darkness.

Under the certainty that the unfamiliar voice belongs to someone peaceful, Wishbone comes closer. She stops just short of Aquaria, close enough where she can pick out the shape of her face but distanced enough that their noses don’t touch. “Aquaria,” she says, and this time her voice is warmer. “I’m Wishbone. We’re confused about the darkness as well.” It doesn’t feel comfortable to admit that they know very little about the seemingly-endless eclipse, but Wishbone has always been honest. “I haven’t heard anything from outside Tephra, and not many visitors are coming around anymore. I’m sure you’ve experienced the same.” It used to be how information traveled, hopping from land-to-land like a relaying game that stretched across miles.

Wishbone frowns in the shadows, and her amber eyes attempt to find Aquaria’s. “How is Ischia faring? Is everyone safe?”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Any - by Wishbone - 01-25-2021, 10:52 PM