• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Any
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Dripping with brine, Aquaria paused when the silence broke at last. A voice in the darkness, female and stern. Not a monster's voice. There was no helpful glowing waves to gather to her. No orbs of light to guide her. Just the voice, coming from somewhere ahead. 

The pale mare stepped hesitantly forward, ears pricked and eyes aching with the strain of trying to see. "Aquaria, of Ischia," she answered with a clear voice. "We haven't gotten much news on the island. I'm here to see if there's anything we should know." No point in beating around the bush. Whoever this was, either they knew more than she did, or they might be able to put her in contact with someone who did. 

Her hooves crunched strangely on the beach. It was so different from the fine sands of home. Coarse, crunchy, and she found herself idly wondering how the color compared. What else was she missing, without her sense of sight? She had caught herself several times now looking skyward. Searching out the unblinking eye that was the veiled sun moving across the sky. 

They were all being watched, she felt, though she couldn't guess what the watcher was waiting for. Miracle or disaster, maybe. Or simply to see what they would do in the face of such utter disruption to the lives they'd been living. It was all speculation, of course. The sea mare shook her head at the strangeness of it all. There could be a reasonable explanation. It was dangerous to let her imagination spin her away with its endless "what ifs".

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Any - by Aquaria - 01-17-2021, 11:36 AM