• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Any
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Whether she is in the middle of the jungle or exposed on the beach, the darkness seems to press down around her. It feels like a heavy blanket, cascading around her shoulders and across the slope of her straight back. In fact, the night feels like it has seeped into her skin. She is wrapped in the shade of midnight, and part of her wonders if her ancestors had known about these overwhelming shadows and chosen the banner of darkness to protect her.

Wishbone has only gold across the long bones of her face to serve as color, and this marking moves like a beacon through the shadows. She has found herself perpetually on-edge since the sun and moon collided to coat their world in darkness. Her comforts are found in the weaponized bones that lie deep in the soil and the routine she finds herself in — walking in an endless circle around the lines of Tephra’s border. It feels as if her prowling will keep away the haunted beings that prey on the land, despite the fact that she is only one mare against an unknown number of demons.

The voice that echos through her jungle home makes Wishbone pause in her patrol, ears tipped upright with every muscle in her long body tense. There haven’t been many visitors since the darkness fell upon them, but this stranger sounds friendly enough. Yet Wishbone can remember her encounter with Mazikeen and one of the creatures; the beings she has come across so far have looked uncomfortably similar to their own kin.

Hesitantly, Wishbone heads in the direction of the voice. It isn’t long before her hooves scatter black granules of sand from their homes, but she remains quiet as she approaches the stranger. Her magic glides against a smooth rib from a whale, one that lies beneath the surface of their beach. She doesn’t bring the bone to the surface just yet, but her body and mind are poised to defend herself if the need arises.

“I’m here. Who are you?” Wishbone’s voice is calm, but it isn’t friendly. She peers through the darkness to make out the faint shape of the foreigner, nostrils quivering to gather an idea of who this stranger may be.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Any - by Wishbone - 01-12-2021, 06:03 PM