• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the vows of ruin; ionia
    Oh, right.  The sun had vanished.

No wonder she and her little passenger had freaked out (at least he thought the little insect dude was startled, he couldn’t really tell from his view point).  That might’ve been his fault.  Maybe because it was dark, and he was also black in coloring naturally, and he might not have eased into the conversation like a gentleman would do per se.  He supposed announcing himself quietly versus popping out of the bushes loudly could have been the better choice.  Yeah, looking back on this later he’d realized that was a very bad mistake (just another tally to the list of mistakes for the day), but hey, at least he learned a little lesson here.

Probably.

“Look, I’m sor- OH SHIT,” he yelled, ducking as she spurt out a little more fireworks that bedazzled her own series of Woah’s “I’M SORRY! I’M SORRY!” , he tried again, believing that she was reprimanding him for his unfortunate and poorly timed entrance.  Nerve didn’t open his eyes again until she had continued on, mentioning him scaring her and asking exactly what he had been referring to.  Well, actually he had only dared open one eye, and didn’t open the other until his heart had stopped trying to fly from his chest.  But then he opened the other...once he thought he was safe.  Which didn’t take all that long.  

Probably.

“I don’t know, I don’t know what any of that was.  That’s why I was asking!” he lamented, finally raising his head enough to get a clearer view of her and her hitch hiker now that the imprint of bright, blinding flames had faded from his eyes.  

A shift in the wind brings the scent of something burning nearby, though nothing appeared to be alight in their near vicinity.  “Hey,” he questioned, wondering if he might be losing it for real this time, “Do you smell something burning?”   Little did he know that a wee part of his mane had caught one of the sparks of flames, but he’d surely find out about that soon enough and put it out in a timely manner.

Probably.

@[Ionia]

Messages In This Thread
    the vows of ruin; ionia - by Nerve - 01-07-2021, 08:03 PM
    RE: the vows of ruin; ionia - by Ionia - 01-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: the vows of ruin; ionia - by Nerve - 01-16-2021, 04:24 PM