• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

s a b a l . 

“Osprey, huh? That’s new,” Sabal said, with an appraising gaze. But still. Fish hawks absolutely did not count as a marine creature. If only Sabal knew of the significance of this particular shift. Mazikeen would truly never hear the end of it.  “They may hang around water but they literally only get their feet wet. That hardly counts!” She adds, with a scoff. 

“Mmmm, kay. Well. When you decide that you’re ready to learn to swim,” Sabal continued, very clearly not accepting the very feeble excuse that had been provided to her, “Why don’t you come find me for a lesson. I promise I’ll make it very fun and not at all embarrassing.” She adds, with a flick of her long not-eel-at-all tail.

“In the meantime – I’m going to check for these monsters so that maybe I can sleep tonight.” She says, pushing off the shore somewhat and floating back into the depths of the lake.  But before she goes, her gaze turns serious.

“Seriously, though. If you see something – call me. I’ll do whatever I can to defend this place. You have my word on that.”  It’s a strange, serious moment for the kelpie, but she’s chosen this place as her home and these people as her family.  She’ll defend them with her own blood if she must.

And then she disappears beneath the waters, the glow disappearing as she dives below the surface.

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes.
    manip by squirt

@[Mazikeen]

just wrapping this up <3
    don't feel obligated to reply!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Sabal - 03-02-2021, 02:21 PM